Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lost in Translation

Two days ago, I tried to tell everyone to remember their secret friend at one of our meetings. [A secret friend is someone who leaves you little Good Job! notes.] Except I said "amigo especial" which is VERY DIFFERENT from "secret friend." Apparently, "special friend" basically means "friends with benefits." I should have known from the look on Beto's face that I had said something VERY WRONG. Oops :)


It's been much cooler here in Nicaragua. Lots of rain (and a lot of running outside to grab laundry) and cool breezes. We've been wrapping up training and preparing for the arrival of the other volunteers. I leave for Costa Rica on the 4th (!), so I only have a couple more days until the main event (training volunteers/teaching!). 


I've been getting better in the kitchen...well, not really. I cooked broccoli with butter again last night and the pasta was only a little soggy. If only I could prove that I make a mean pb&j sandwich...


Abrazos y besos <3

No comments:

Post a Comment