Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lock-picking and Waterfalls

I woke up at the 15 min warning (before breakfast) this morning instead of at the 5 min and in my state of half-slumber, I locked myself out of my room (and of course, the security guard doesn't go on duty until 2pm). This usually wouldn't have bothered me, but today is Sunday...field trip day. Sarah and Alondra attempted to pick the lock, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. However, I was able to enjoy the beautiful Cataratas de Cortes in Alondra's extra swimsuit (a tad skimpier than the one I had brought and therefore a big hit with the guys on the team...) and clothes, Kendall's socks, and Lindsey's new running shoes. Alondra even had a book for me to read (The Perks of Being a Wallflower!) Perhaps the best part of the situation was the need for official ID, since the police have the wonderful habit of stopping buses and checking everyone. My passport and ID were locked in my room, but I have a copy of my passport on my computer (which was in Kendall's room thanks to her late-night chat with her boyfriend). Since nothing is open on Sundays and we couldn't print a copy, I brought the laptop with me. Sure enough, we were stopped. As the officer made his way to the back of the bus, I turned on my laptop and held it up to show the picture (acting as casual as possible of course). He gave me a weird look, I smiled at him, and he laughed. I don't know if it was my pretty face, but he accepted the picture :)


(Back row: Jose, Kendall, Deisi, Bryant, Antonio, Me, Grace, Fernando, Alondra, Erick, Jean)
(Front row: Nella, Sarah, Lindsey, Emily)


(Top: Grace, Middle: Sarah, Kendall, Lindsey)
(Bottom: Deisi, Nella, Alondra, Me)

See the guy in the background? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment